2016.08.14 - Progress? Oh yes indeed.
Looking back over the last four days I am delighted to note that the progress made on Naiad has been little short of astonishing. The list of things done reads well:
- After deck cut and fitted.
- Reinforcing pads for the cleats and horse added to the afterdeck.
- Box for the electrics constructed.
- Quant varnishing started.
- Bridge deck fitted.
- Foredeck cut and checked for fit.
- Anchor chain locker construction started.
- Side deck templates measured and cut.
- Sundry epoxy coating and varnishing.
The represents a huge amount of work with no major mistakes and the visible progress is very satisfying. It's nearly a boat!
It isn't, of course, there's still a long way to go yet but prior to this the progress has not made a significant visible difference. That changed with the painting of the interior. I doubt that the vast change in the look of the boat will continue but it is very encouraging to see things suddenly change.
It's a shame I've got to go back to work tomorrow. Never mind, only four days till Friday!